Information Collected by MOM’S RECESS
- IP Addresses: Your computer uses IP addresses every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you. Our Web servers may be configured to automatically collect IP addresses in our logs. We also may record your IP address if you sign up for an account.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Technologies
- “Cookies” are small bits of information that are stored in separate files within your computer’s Internet browser. Cookies remember information about your activities on a website or other platform. For example, cookies can store your session for easy sign-in to a website or other platform you have previously visited. They enable us to make your use of the MOM’S RECESS Services more enjoyable.
- “Flash cookies” In addition to the above cookies, we use Local Shared Objects, also referred to as ”flash cookies,” in connection with the MOM’S RECESS Services, including the video player. These cookies are used to enhance your user experience, for example, by storing your user preferences and settings, such as your volume/mute settings, and in connection with animated content, including advertisements that we serve, on our website. Local Shared Objects are similar to browser cookies, but can store data more complex than simple text. By themselves, they cannot do anything to or with the data on your computer. Please note that disabling flash cookies may interfere with the performance and features of the video player.
- “Web beacons” We also may use services that collect data remotely by using so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs,” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”), which can be embedded in content and advertising on the MOM’S RECESS Services, in an email message, or on a third party’s website or other platform. A Pixel Tag is a small string of code that provides a way for us to deliver a small graphic image (usually invisible) on a web page or in an email. Pixel Tags can recognize certain types of information on your browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the Pixel Tag, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the Pixel Tag was viewed. We may use Pixel Tags to improve your MOM’S RECESS experience, including to provide you with content customized to your interests.
Use and Disclosure of Information
Information about our members is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling, trading or renting it to others. We use the information we receive about you in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other users like your friends and the advertisers that purchase ads on the site. For example, we may use the information we receive about you:
- In order to locate other MOM’S RECESS members that you may already know.
- Information that you voluntarily make public, including by making it a part of your profile or posting it in a review or discussion on the MOM’S RECESS Services, will be shared with other MOM’S RECESS users. You can control the sharing of certain information contained in your MOM’S RECESS profile or about your activities on the MOM’S RECESS Services with others on the Privacy Settings page.
- If you have consented to receive promotional materials (e.g., newsletters) or notifications from MOM’S RECESS, we may periodically use your email address to send you such materials.
- MOM’S RECESS may share your personally identifiable information with those who help us manage MOM’S RECESS services’. MOM’S RECESS employees, agents and contractors must have a legitimate business reason to obtain access to your personally identifiable information.
- MOM’S RECESS may use the information collected automatically, such as your IP address and information stored via cookies, to gather statistics about the number of people who visit MOM’S RECESS and to customize MOM’S RECESS content, layout and services. We may share this information with third parties to help us improve MOM’S RECESS and better serve our users.
- Search engines may index the portion of a member’s profile, including the Profile Information it contains that is publicly displayed.
Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites
MOM’S RECESS includes third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information stored by MOM’S RECESS to these advertisers or third-party Web sites when you interact with or view a targeted advertisement.
Information Shared with Advertisers and Ad Networks. MOM’S RECESS may share aggregate information with our advertisers so they can measure the effectiveness of advertisements viewed in connection with the MOM’S RECESS Services. For example, we may tell advertisers the number of users who clicked on a particular advertisement.
Users who post on MOM’S RECESS, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
Notice to California Residents
Circumstances In Which MOM’S RECESS May Release Information
Other parties when required by law or when necessary to protect your rights or ours:
- There may be instances when we may disclose your information without providing you with a choice when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant or court order) or with requests of law enforcement authorities; to enforce or apply this Policy or MOM’S RECESS’S other policies or agreements; to protect MOM’S RECESS or our users’ rights, property, safety or security; to protect our users from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of MOM’S RECESS Site; or if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay.
- MOM’S RECESS may also disclose information about its users to law enforcement officers or others, if you notify us that you believe your legal rights have been violated by MOM’S RECESS or another user of the MOM’S RECESS Services, we may provide the information that you provide to us to others to the extent that we believe it is necessary to evaluate and respond to your complaint. For instance, if you submit a notice of copyright infringement to us, we may send a copy to the person or entity who uploaded, stored, or transmitted the material addressed by the communication.
- • In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business, make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger and substantially all of its assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, your personally identifiable information generally is one of the transferred assets involved in the transaction.
You Control Who Shares Your Information
Your MOM’S RECESS profile information will only be shared with people you have specifically agreed to share such information with, and to other members of groups you choose to belong to. You can limit who can view certain personal information, such as email addresses and phone numbers. Please take into consideration that if you choose to share your personal information (including any comments, videos, photos or any other information) to other members on MOM’S RECESS, you do so at your own risk. MOM’S RECESS recommends that you don’t share your personal contact information.
You can choose to make your profile Private to non-members of MOM’S RECESS by editing your profile in “Private Settings” in your “Account”.
To maintain privacy it is important not to share your password with anyone. Selecting a longer password with a mix of letters and numbers makes it more difficult for others to guess your password. It is also helpful to change passwords on a regular basis.
MOM’S RECESS is designed so that the content you generate within the network (groups, blogs, events, etc.) will have an associated privacy setting. If the information being created has its own privacy control (i.e. when creating a blog), it is the users responsibility to select the desired privacy setting upon creation. Other items may inherit an existing privacy setting. It is the user’s responsibility to understand the associated privacy setting before creating content to ensure the handling of their information meets their expectations.
Children and Age Restrictions
At MomsRecess.com we take precautions to keep our young ones safe. Children under the age of eighteen (18) are not eligible to use MOM’S RECESS and are prohibited to register with MOM’S RECESS and/or submit any personal information to us. MOM’S RECESS does not knowingly collect personal information from any person who is under the age of 18. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 18, we will delete this information as quickly as possible. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please send email to [email protected], and we will delete any such information.
Internet Awareness, Security and Confidentiality
Whenever you voluntarily post personal information in public areas, like blogs, message boards and forums, this information can be accessed by the public and can in turn be used by others to send you unsolicited communications. MOM’S RECESS recommends that you exercise discretion in deciding what information you disclose on the Internet. The security of your personal information depends on your protection of your account password. Please do not disclose your account password to unauthorized people.
MOM’S RECESS uses industry standard technology designed to help keep your personal information safe. Despite these efforts, please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using the MOM’S RECESS Services but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. For example, we cannot control any illegal and/or unforeseen activity of other users that may allow them to get around the privacy or security settings on the MOM’S RECESS website. Consequently, you acknowledge that there are circumstances in which unauthorized persons may access your personal information. We limit access to your personal information only to employees who we believe need to come into contact with that information in order to do their jobs in connection with the MOM’S RECESS service.
If you become aware of any breach of data security or have any other questions about the security of our website, please send email to: [email protected].
Your Comments or Concerns
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or concerns about this Policy or would like to contact us for any reason, you may reach us via email at [email protected].